Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My thesis acknowledgement



To everyone who helped me complete my manuscript, thank you.
Here's the acknowledgement I
wrote in my thesis for all my angels.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

You'll meet more angels on a winding path than on a straight one. ~Terri Guillemets

The successful completion of this manuscript was made possible through the invaluable contribution of a number of people. To say “thank you” to all of you is not even enough to express my gratitude. You are all angels sent to me by Our Heavenly Father.


I especially want to thank my adviser, Sir Erniel, for generously providing guidance on the technical aspect of this paper, for continuously encouraging me and pushing me to my limits to complete my thesis this semester, and for all the patience and support you gave me since day 1 of my thesis completion;


To Ma’am Lisa and Sir Jeff, my panel members during the oral defense of this paper, I am very much grateful for the knowledge you have imparted for the improvement of this work. Your insights and comments are very much appreciated.


Since January of this year, I have focused more on the completion of my thesis. This is made possible by my bosses at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) as they approved my Thesis Writing Scholarship. I am particularly grateful to Ms. Ruth and Ms. Bong of the Department of Economic Statistics for letting me go on a six-month leave so I could finish my research work even if it meant leaving my office work.


My appreciation likewise extends to my BSP family, particularly to Mazel, Rizza, Lav, Bambi, Faye, Rodel, Jade and Kuya Jay, who were willing to lend me their laptops even if it meant bringing added heavy baggage in the office almost daily when I needed to run my simulations; and to Hazel, Nash and Kuya Kel, you know how I truly value your contribution in the completion of my thesis. For entertaining even my trivial questions, I am grateful to Ms. Terry and Kuya Darwin. Likewise, I would like to thank Kathy, Fofo, Chona, Ms. Nimfa, Grace, Diane, Ms. Dada, Ms. Beth, Ms. Miles, and all my other colleagues who, in one way or another, have been part of the completion of this paperwork.


To all my stat friends who have lent a hand to complete this thesis, specially to Tin How for the words of encouragement and for helping me out with my simulations, to Tina for your prayers and the laughter – thank you from the bottom of my heart.


I also thank those whose names should not be mentioned, for without you, I would not have completed my simulations within the semester.


To Ruby, thank you for lending me a copy of your manuscript, which is the main reference of my thesis, and for bearing with all my queries.


For letting me and Ju stay in your place, for finding time to cook for us, for helping me recall my SAS programming, for believing that I can finish this thesis, and for simply being there when I needed someone to consult or talk to, Weng, remember that all these are recognized and appreciated. Thank you so much.


Working on my thesis would be a lot different without Ju who helped me particularly in completing the SAS codes I used in my simulations. You know that your contribution in coming up with this thesis is indispensable. I will forever be grateful for having you and Weng, together with Juz and Olie, as my friends.

My deepest gratitude goes to my family for their unflagging love and support throughout my life. This thesis is simply impossible without them.


I wish to thank my Auntie Cel, for reminding me that I also need to take a rest and for staying with me in Quezon City for the duration of my thesis writing.


To Manang Badet, thank you for your prayers and words of encouragements. Thanks you for bringing Baby Bram to the family. Baby Bram has been one of my sources of inspiration in completing this thesis.


My Manang May, who stayed awake with me especially during the last few days of working on my thesis, has been my constant reminder that I could do better than what I think I can. Sis, I know that, like Mama and Papa, you’ve been praying for me all this time. Even if you we’re not physically with us when I was in the middle of all the difficulties I encountered in the development of my thesis, I know from my heart, you we’re with me in spirit. Thank you for the support, love and prayers. I love you Sis.


As we have joked around in our home, a page for my acknowledgement is not even enough to thank my Manong Boy. Throughout my thesis writing, he has been there to help me out on the logistics for my thesis. He constantly reminded me that it’s useless crying over spilled milk. He always had a solution to my problems with the computers. He even drives me around when I needed to rush things for my thesis. My deepest gratitude to you Bro! I love you.


To my ever supportive partner in life, thank you for helping me with my thesis, no matter how technical this is for you. Thank you for understanding that we can’t celebrate our anniversary together this year because I was busy with my thesis writing. I am just so grateful that I have you all this time. Thank you for the undying love and support you have provided me and for believing in me that I can finish my manuscript on time.


I cannot ask for more from my Papa and Mama, as they have both been wonderful parents to me and my siblings. I have no suitable word that can fully describe their everlasting love for me. I remember many sleepless nights when I’m working on my thesis, with Mama and Papa constantly checking on my computers to check if my runs are completed. I remember their constant support when I encountered difficulties in finishing my thesis, especially when I almost wanted to give up on my thesis. They have helped me financially, morally and spiritually. They always gave me words of encouragement. They always believed that I am good at my craft and that I can finish this thesis, in God’s grace. Mama and Papa, a million thanks to you. I love you both, so much.


Above all, I thank our Lord Jesus Christ, for giving me the intellect to understand the complexity of numbers, and giving me strength to complete this research. Most specially, thank you for sending your angels when I needed them the Most.

To all my heaven-sent angels, thank you and God bless us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really appreciate you for sharing this informational article. I am learning new stuffs.

www.n8fan.net

Anonymous said...

it is always a bright spot in my day if you post something new. Definitely a great piece of work sharing of information is really fun, isn’t it?

www.triciajoy.com